BANGALORE: After Union cabinet ministers, some assets of IAS officers are now out in the open. From this month, the department of personnel and training will upload the annual immovable property returns (IPRs) filed by babus across India on a dedicated website (www.ipr.ias.nic.in).
IPRs of 217 of 224 officers for 2010-11 of the Karataka cadre are available in the public domain for the first time. Here’s a snapshot of property owned by top bureaucrats and heads of Bangalore’s civic agencies as on January 1, 2011.
* S V Ranganath, chief secretary: Karnataka’s top babu takes home a monthly salary of Rs 80,000. Inherited ancestral property in Jayanagar II Block (Bangalore), the value of which he hasn’t declared.
* K Jairaj, additional chief secretary: Pay is Rs 80,000 per month. Owns a house in BTM Layout II Stage (Bangalore) worth Rs 9.93 lakh. Site allotted by Metropolitan Cooperative Housing Society. Has a vacant site in Rajarajeshwarinagar (Bangalore) bequeathed to him by his father. Gets annual income of Rs 60,000 from another house in Mysore’s Saraswathipuram, also ancestral property.
* Meera Saxena, additional chief secretary and development commissioner: Pay of Rs 80,000 per month. Owns house in Allalasandra village (Bangalore) worth Rs 32 lakh (includes site). Two ancestral agricultural properties worth Rs 52.8 lakh (5.28 acres) and Rs 25.5 lakh (1.70 acres) in Tamil Nadu’s Tirunelveli district.
* Subir Hari Singh, additional chief secretary: Pay is Rs 80,000 per month. Owns residential house in BTM Layout (Bangalore), value “not known”. 50% share on rent fetches annual income of Rs 36,000. Owns agricultural land in Sindhanur taluk of Raichur purchased in 1968 in his name by his father as karta (manager) of Hindu Undivided Family.
* Shamim Banu, additional chief secretary: Pay of Rs 80,000 per month. Owns residential building on 50×80 site in BTM II Stage (Bangalore), worth about Rs 66.5 lakh. Allotted to her by Metropolitan Cooperative Housing Society.
* Siddaiah, commissioner, BBMP: Hasn’t declared pay. Rented out his house in Yelahanka to Women & Child Welfare department for Rs 41,000. Property was allotted by Karnataka Housing Board. Mother and brother own 25.36 acres in Kanakapura taluk (Bangalore Rural). Wife has a site in JP Nagar, 4th Phase, 9th Main. Entitled to 1/8th share in agricultural income of Rs 3 lakh but his siblings retain the amount.
* Bharat Lal Meena, BDA commissioner: Pay is Rs 70,670 per month plus dearness allowance. Owns two-storeyed house on a 55×69 site in HSR Layout (Bangalore). Owns a site worth Rs 1.06 crore, which he had purchased for Rs 1.75 lakh through Metropolitan Housing Cooperative Society — building has been rented out; ground floor fetches annual rent of Rs 1.8 lakh and first and second floors Rs 1.8 lakh. Current value of building is Rs 29 lakh. Inherited a site (55×167) in Sawai Madhopur district, Rajasthan.
* N Sivasailam, MD, Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd: Pay of 70,670 per month (super time scale). Owns house in HSR Layout (Bangalore) worth Rs 19.77 lakh. Inherited another house (500 sqft) worth Rs 1 lakh in Tamil Nadu’s Tirunelveli district.
* P Manivannan, MD, Bescom: Pay is Rs 40,180 (with grade pay of Rs 8,700). Has plot measuring 5,094 sqft in Jakkur village (Bangalore) worth Rs 16.6 lakh. Property was provisionally allotted by Metropolitan Cooperative Housing Society Ltd.
* P B Ramamurthy, chairman, BWSSB: Pay is Rs 72,370 per month and allowances (Rs 54,383). Owns residential building in HSR Layout (Bangalore) worth approximately Rs 23 lakh. Gets annual rent of Rs 7.2 lakh (10 months rent as advance).
Readers’ opinions (18)
12 Jun, 2011 09:23 PM
This statement is only to brushing people, you are aware that nowdays public is that fool that anybody can tell anything and they will belive it. Public know everything that these people have multi crores benami property and black money and it is not thier monthly income only RS 80,000 I am sure it will be crores.
12 Jun, 2011 12:32 PM
what happens if they declare the assets,the currupt pigs and swines along with politicals babus knows how to swindle the money and keep secretly,